Friday, November 22, 2013

I am selling my entire kanzashi collection to benefit the environment...




As some of you know, over the years I put together a collection of antique Japanese hair ornaments. I was touched by their exquisite craftsmanship, the refined aesthetic and their poetic quality. After a lot of personal reflection it has become apparent to me that it is now time to sell these beautiful objects and give the proceeds in the defending and protection of nature. The kanzashi will be slowly listed on ebay and all proceeds will benefit the tortoises and elephants that gave up their lives for these pieces. The rest of the proceeds will go to ending the ongoing, absolutely heart wrenching slaughter of dolphins which occurs in Taiji, Japan every year (on a daily basis for months on end). That  little village has slaughtered one million dolphins to date, and all the damage is done by a group of 40 or so men. It is time for this practice to end since they also kill endangered dolphins species as well.  For those of you who wish to learn about the plight of the dolphins in Japan please take a look at the award winning movie "The Cove".  I am happy to become an active voice and assist in the ending of this barbaric practice.

My collection

Trailer for the cove

Ric O'Barry's Dolphin Project






No comments:

Post a Comment